Our dad Brian, was a firm believer that if something was worth doing, it was worth doing well - particularly as he loved a good drop of Shiraz himself. This philosophy is embodied by us, his sons - I'm Mike (Winemaker) and my brother is Christo (Viticulturist), and although we produce only a small range of wines, we believe that together we produce each variety exceptionally well.
Our premium wines are all 100% estate grown, with only the best fruit selected from each block to ensure top quality. Our reds are hand-crafted on the property using traditional ‘old school’ techniques that capture the full fruit flavours in each bottle.
- Trophy for our first Edwards SSB in 1999 – Mt Barker Wine Show “Best Blend”
- Trophy for our 2006 Sauvignon Blanc – “Wine of the Year” and Australia’s best Sauvignon Blanc – Winestate Magazine
- Blue Gold for our 2007 Edwards Chardonnay – Sydney International Wine Show
- Gold Medal and Trophy for our 2008 Edwards SSB – Margaret River Wine Show
- Blue Gold Medal for our 2009 Edwards SSB – Sydney International Wine Show
- Gold Medal for our 2008 Edwards Cabernet (2nd only to Moss Brothers) - 2010 Small Vigneron Awards
- Trophy for our 2010 Tigers Tale Cabernet Merlot - Margaret River Wine Show
- Blue Gold Medal for our 2011 Tigers Tale Sauvignon Blanc Semillon - Sydney International Wine Show
Now found all around Australia, Edwards Wines are also building their reputation in international markets – and in between, if you travel business class with Qantas.
“The consistency in the quality of the wines is admirable”